Two very Essential Techniques for Online Marketing
SEO and SEM are often seen as two separate entities, but the fact is they are interdependent and work together as one single unit for your content. Using these two techniques together will improve your SERP results and also it’s visibility on the internet. First, let us discuss what exactly is SEO and SEM.
“SEO is the process of improving the visibility of a website or a web page in a search engine’s “natural” or un-paid (“organic”) search results.”
It means that when someone searches for a product or service on the internet, you make it easier for the search engine to find you and place your website in its unpaid list of search results.
On the other hand,
“SEM is the process of gaining traffic by purchasing ads on search engines. It is also called paid search and sometimes referred to as CPC (cost-per-click) or PPC (pay-per-click) marketing because most search ads are sold on a CPC / PPC basis.”
This means that you pay money to the search engine and have them place you on the search results so that you gain more prospective customers.
Now let us look at how these two work together.
- Both techniques Use Keywords
SEO & SEM both use keywords to drive traffic to a webpage.
People will use search engines to search for something that they are interested in. They can find their results which the search engine provides either by SEO or SEM. Even though SEM is a paid service, your website will only be displayed if the user enters the keywords provided by you.
- The Main Goal is the same: Gaining Leads.
Both are important to drive traffic or potential customers to visit our websites. We need customers to visit us for both our short-term and long-term goals. The short-term goals are related to SEM and longer-term goals with SEO.
- SEO can be handy for diverting traffic to our site but is hard to quickly see results as we may be placed anywhere on the search results. With internet pages being so dynamic, we could be overtaken.
- It often takes several months or longer for SEO to generate significant levels of traffic.
- On the other hand, SEM can get you fast results. It’s not free, but it can help you drive ample amounts of traffic to your site while you’re waiting for the results of your SEO campaign to start working.
- To get maximum traffic to your website, u need to use both SEO and SEM. You use essential terms to gain traffic using SEO and SEM for your additional keywords, which is better than using the same words again and again.
- Using both SEO and SEM improves the likelihood that the searcher visits your website. Since both techniques use keywords, you need to do keyword research and keep updating regularly.
- By strategically using SEO and SEM together and doing smart keyword research through a solution like Google’s AdWords Keyword tool, you can maximize traffic to your site.
When working together, SEO and SEM are stronger than either would be working individually. But it is necessary to keep in mind that in spite of using top-notch SEO and SEM the one thing that can make visitors to your site actually buy your product you need to give them high-quality content that is innovative and captures their interest. If your website doesn’t provide the minimum level of quality that Google expects your SEO and SEM efforts will smoothly go unnoticed.