It has long been known that those who advertise their products and services on social channels have a greater chance of success. Nowhere can you reach your target group better and more directly than through social channels like Instagram. This works through targeted content marketing, and also through paid advertising campaigns. But how much do the paid advertising campaigns cost or simply how much does it cost using Instagram for advertising?
ADVERTISING VIA SOCIAL MEDIA: INCREASING IMPORTANCE
Social media advertising is not only extremely popular, but it is also very effective and current studies prove this as well. Social media campaigns now have at least a high success rate as advertising via TV or print.
The preferences of internet users are not all that different when it comes to the right advertising channel. When asked which advertising platform is most likely to motivate them to buy, the answer was, clearly Instagram.
ADDRESSING TARGET GROUPS WITH PICTURES OR VIDEOS
If you want to address the target group with pictures or videos, you need an account, the right messages, and pictures. You should also actively interact with your followers. Because social media is not a one-way street. Anyone who expresses a reaction as a follower expects a counter-reaction in a reasonable time. Otherwise, interest quickly disappears.
This is exactly where the opportunity of using Instagram for advertising lies. The closer or happier the target group is, the greater the likelihood of attracting a large number of followers.
But until a social media strategy becomes a sure-shot success and a happy community is built, it can be tough for the company because it involves a lot of hard work. To speed up this endeavour, many companies use the opportunity deploy Instagram for Advertising.
INSTAGRAM FOR ADVERTISING: HOW IT WORKS
There are various ways of utilizing Instagram for advertising. All types of campaigns can be created, tracked and controlled directly via the smartphone app. This way, the pace of spreading awareness can be increased a bit faster.
TYPES OF ADS ON INSTAGRAM
Advertising with photos on Instagram – These appear on Instagram as a sponsored post between the other posts in the timeline.
Video Ads – Just like Photo Ads, video ads appear in the stream between non-sponsored posts. Video advertising on Instagram has a maximum duration of 60 seconds.
Carousel Ads – Carousel Ads consist of different images that complement each other. Users swipe from one image to the next within the ad. Videos can also be integrated. A Carousel Ad comprises a maximum of ten pictures or videos. The Carousel Ads also appear between the normal posts on Instagram.
Story ads – Story ads consist of full-screen images or videos. They include usernames, a photo or video, and a call-to-action if desired. Story ads have an extremely wide reach.
Target group selection while using Instagram for Advertising
The ads displayed can be focused on a particular target group. There are some setting features in the Instagram Ad Manager that can be used to define the peer group more precisely.
- Demographic data
PAYMENT OPTIONS FOR INSTAGRAM ADS
- Cost per click (CPC): This model incurs costs for every single click on an ad. The initiator of the campaign only pays when a user clicks on the ad. The cost of the click is in the double-digit cent range.
- Cost per mille (CPM): Here advertising costs 1,000 or more. That sounds like a lot, but the brand is quickly reached. Because that only presupposes that the advertisement appears on the screen of the user. The cost per 1,000 impressions is in the higher single-digit euro range.
- Cost per action (CPA): Here, costs only arise if users interact with the ad and share it, for example.
- Cost per like (CPL): There is also the option to only pay money if users have liked the sponsored contribution.
How much should the budget be?
How much budget do users have to plan for advertising on Instagram? There is no clear answer to this. Users simply set a time frame in which the advertisement should be displayed. The desired maximum budget can be set. This means that the user will not have any unpleasant surprises after the campaign has ended.
Suggested Read: How Facebook Is Helpful For Small Business?
Users should consider the following while using Instagram for advertising:
- Advertising works best when all elements of a brand like brand logos, colours and products are featured to be seen clearly.
- More and more people are navigating content with their mobile devices, which is why it is important to captivate mobile users and tailor advertising to a mobile experience.
- All components of a display must harmonize well with each other and complement each other. It is advisable to use a call to action button that emphasizes the intention of the campaign.
Those who follow the tips to heart should be successful with their Instagram advertising. The alternative? Companies can also get support from external social media management agency which understand how to run successful Instagram campaigns.